ESS Tepid Water Heater
The ESS water heater is a packaged system designed to meet the requirements of ANSI Z358.1-2014 for tepid water delivery to an emergency safety shower or drench system. This heavy-duty water heater is constructed of a carbon steel tank and internally lined with 1/2″ thick Hydrastone cement to ensure tank longevity when operating at elevated temperatures. It is fully insulated with 3″ thick polyurethane foam to minimize standby heat loss.
This tepid water heater is equipped with a mixing valve specifically designed, tested, and proven for use in emergency safety shower/face/eyewash applications. The entire package including the mixing valve is factory piped and mounted to the water heater to provide single-source responsibility.
The ESS Tepid Water Heater is designed to meet your emergency drench system needs by incorporating the following critical features:
- The carbon steel tank is internally lined with specially formulated hydrastone cement and does not require anodic protection. This lining is critical to the longevity of the tank when storing hot water at elevated temperatures.
- The Therm-O-Mix®/WWM thermostatic mixing valve is designed for emergency safety drench systems and is factory piped and packaged with the water heater tank to simplify installation and ensure a safe and dependable system.
- The ESS has 3″ foam insulation which reduces standby heat losses by over 24% compared to 2″ insulated tanks.
- Unlike instantaneous heaters, the ESS’s ability to provide tepid water is unaffected by the loss of electric power. Furthermore, the dial temperature gauge provides the operator with positive visual verification that the unit is at temperature.
- Instant and continuous tepid water delivery to an emergency safety shower or face/eyewash station
- Thermostatic mixing valve designed specifically for emergency drench systems ensures a constant flow of tepid water
- Self-actuating mixing valve prohibits the delivery of overheated water to prevent scalding even when an accident causes a loss of electric power
- Reduces the risk of Legionella because water is stored at an elevated temperature
- Compliant with OSHA and ANSI tepid water standards
- Full five (5) year non-pro-rated tank warranty
- Heavy duty carbon steel tank
- Internally lined with 1/2″ thick Hydrastone cement to ensure tank longevity when operating at elevated temperatures
- Fully insulated with 3″ thick polyurethane foam to minimize standby heat loss
- Packaged System includes Therm-O-Mix®/WWM, all electrical operating controls, and dial gauge
- The pressure sensing controller with a valve actuator on the Therm-O-Mix®/WWM includes a safety override feature that continuously senses the final mixed water temperature to keep the final water temperature from overheating
- Each valve is performance tested at the factory to ensure proper operation
The Therm-O-Mix®/WWM mixing valve incorporates a pressure sensing controller with a valve actuator that senses the water pressure on both the hot and cold-water inlet connections. If hot water pressure is not present, then the actuator overrides the mixing valve and a flow of cold water is allowed. If no cold water pressure is available at the mixing valve inlet, then the hot water port will close to prevent overheated water from exiting the mixing valve. The valve also includes a safety override feature that continuously senses the final mixed water temperature. If the final water temperature is overheated, the valve automatically closes the hot water port and fully opens the cold water port. In any of these fault conditions, the ESS will continue to provide a full flow of water as per ANSI standards with no additional pressure drop.
It usually takes 2-3 plumbers, 2-3 days to balance a system of this size, but by using CircuitSolver® this process was done instantly.